วันศุกร์ที่ 21 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2558

Unforgettable Stories: Hygiene Kits

            I have stayed here krakor village, Pursat province for two weeks. We, AYVP Eco-Leaders, have done many activities. However, one of my favorite activities is giving “Hygiene Kits” two days which I have got such a nice experience.
            I am a member of “Tiger Team”. Our team was very challenging because we were responsible for giving “Hygiene Kits” in Vietnamese community where many poorest people live there. And we only had “Yee Yee” who is a Vietnamese boy. We were divided into two boats (five people/boat). There were Rachel, Khun, Sydey, Fibri, and me in first boat. And there were Raxee, Yee Yee, Amar, Rozak, and Alouny in second boat. In the morning my boat came to Vietnamese community. When we arrived every home, the first thing that we did is having a greeting and introduced ourselves in Cambodian language. But they did not understand Khmer at all. Luckily we had a guide who can speak both Khmer and Vietnamese. I distributed to the house that have three members: mother, and two sons. I said hello in Vietnamese “Xin Cau”. The mother was pleased and kept smiling every time. But I thought that it did not go well. The reason is, we cannot explain much about how to wash their hands in correct ways. After we finished talking. I always said thanks in Vietnamese “Come en”. It also made them surprised. In the afternoon we also went to the Cambodian’s home that only one old sick man lived there because his wife has already died and had no children, as well. I could feel like he was really lonely. He kept crying when we had conversation with him about his family and his poverty. He could not fish like other men. So he did his job: peeling corns. It was not high income but he could live on his own.
            The experience that I faced it was wonderful. I always think in my mind that I am a lucky girl who lives happily with a nice family. I can spend money like water. On the other hand, the villagers had no even clean water. I felt sympathetic for them. Moreover, I would like to learn more Khmer and Vietnamese language so that I and the villagers can share some great ideas and nice experiences together.  


ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น